Thanks for your interest in The Anglican Union. We're glad you're here. Want to learn more about being in the Anglican Union? Check out the overview below. Then, if you want to take the next step, complete the CLERGY CONNECT CARD at the bottom of this page. All information shared with The Anglican Union is completely confidential.
If you wish to have full clerical status in The Anglican Union the following elements apply to you.
- You are in Holy Orders which are recognized by The Anglican Union.
- You petition the Apostolic Prefect and the ecclesiastical authority under which you currently serve to seek a canonical designation for service as a cleric from that diocese / ecclesiastical authority as a member of The Anglican Union.
- If accepted by The Anglican Union for full membership you will be directed to ask that a Letter Dimissory be sent to one of the Anglican Union's Episcopal patrons under whom you will be licensed and directed to serve in ministry.
- Once the Letter Dimissory has been received, the Apostolic Prefect will issue a statement of clerical faculties for you to serve in the particular region of The Anglican Union in which you reside.
- Clergy members who are not directly attached to an oratory are to make part of their common life a gift of at least 1% of their income to the Anglican Union.
- You will be expected to adhere to the Constitution and Precepts with the Rule of Life Declarations,
- Participate in Clergy Formation Opportunities and Convocation,
- and if leading an oratory, support the tithe.
If you seek to be attached to the vision and values of The Anglican Union while continuing to remain canonically obliged to a bishop or other ecclesiastical authority who is not one of our Episcopal Patrons you may do so as an Associate member. The following conditions apply.
- The Prefect will seek a Memorandum of Understanding for you to function in relation to a particular oratory for a limited time.
- You commit to offer prayer for the works of the Confraternity.
- You assist in the ministry of the Confraternity through pastoral, spiritual, educational or financial efforts to and with the Confraternity and its Patrons.
- You participate in the common life of the clergy of The Anglican Union in addition to your other clerical obligations.
- Your membership status may be renewed at the end of the period specified at the inception of your relationship with The Anglican Union.
CLERGY Connect CARD
Ready to take the next step? Please tell us about yourself using the form below. All information shared with The Anglican Union is completely confidential. Once we receive your Connect Card a member of the Prefect's office will contact you to schedule a preliminary consultation.